In March 2007 the revived Bond franchise released ‘Casino Royale’ on home video to big sales. Those big sales happened even though there was much grumbling about the dearth of bonus features. Sony Pictures has gone the double dip route with the recent announcement of a two-disc collector’s edition of Casino Royale scheduled to street on October 21, 2008 preceding the November 7th release of the next Bond flick ‘Quantum of Solace.’ Click on Full Story for the specs for the Collector’s Edition.
The two-disc set will sport tech specs similar to the previous edition, with the film presented in 1080p/AVC MPEG-4 video and uncompressed PCM 5.1 Surround audio, and new to the special edition, a Dolby TrueHD 5.1 Surround option.
- 2 Audio Commentaries
- Deleted Scenes
- Catching a Plane: From Storyboard to Screen
- Filmmaker Profiles
- Storyboard Sequence: Freerun Chase
- Featurettes: “The Road to Casino Royale,” “Ian Fleming: The Secret Road to Paradise”
- Documentaries: “Becoming Bond,” “James Bond: For Real”
- TV Special: “Bond Girls are Forever”
- Music Video: Chris Cornell “You Know My Name”
The Blu-ray release will also feature an e-Movie Cash ticket for the upcoming 22nd James Bond adventure, ‘Quantum of Solace.’ Suggested list price for the two-disc Blu-ray has been set at $38.95.