On December 14th the animated film that debuted earlier this summer on Netflix, The Mitchells vs the Machines, is getting a physical media release when it comes to Blu-ray and DVD from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment.
I am dishearted that the movie is only coming on a standard Blu-ray and not a 4K UHD as it was presented in Dolby Vision on Netflix.
However, SPHE is including a lot of extra features with the following still available on both the DVD and Blu-ray:
- Katie’s Cabinet of Forgotten Wonders: Take a rare look inside Katie Mitchell’s filmmaking process as she gives you an exclusive look into how the movie was made.
- Dumb Robots Trailer
- The Original “Mitchells” Story Pitch
- The Furby Scene – How? Why?
- PAL’s World
- The Mitchells Vs. The Machines: Or How a Group of Passionate Weirdos Made a Big Animated Movie: Go inside the story of The Mitchells vs the Machines and meet a group of first-time filmmakers & talented cast who banded together to take a collective risk on making a unique, original, and totally off-the-wall film about an everyday, epic, world-saving family!
- How To Make Sock Puppets: Katie Mitchell opens the door to her film school. Learn how to make sock puppets who could be extras in your next short film!
- How To Make Katie Face Cupcakes: Enjoy making cupcakes only a mother could love.
These bonus features are available exclusively on the Blu-ray:
- Dog Cop 7: The Final Chapter: Katie Mitchell is back and creating the most hilarious film of her young career – check out an all-new mini-movie, Dog Cop 7: The Final Chapter. In a world where the holidays are being haunted by the Candy Cane Kidnapper, there is only one Dog with the skills to solve the case.
- Katie’s Extended Cinematic Bonanza Cut! Prepare to witness Katie’s director’s cut, an extended version of the original film with over 40 minutes of deleted scenes.
- 8 Bonus Scenes: Get more Mitchells with over 20 minutes of Deleted & Extended Scenes.
- Filmmakers’ commentary
Check out the cover art below, which might one of my favourites this year, IMO.