EYECRAVEDVD has your hook-up one more time!!!
Classic SciFi superseries BABYLON 5 is debuting on DVD November 5.
Thanks to our good friends at Warner Brothers Home Video
The EYE is gearing up to give away a shiny new copy of
BABYLON 5: THE COMPLETE FIRST SEASON on DVD!
Read on for all the deets…
Watched for, Wished for, Available at Last!
THE COMPLETE FIRST SEASON
(From the WB Press release)
– After countless requests from sci-fi fans everywhere, Warner Home Video releases the first 22 regular season episodes of the Emmy Award-winning series Babylon 5 to DVD on November 5 with the 6-disc giftset Babylon 5: The Complete First Season. Loaded with extras including commentaries by series creator J. Michael Straczynski.
Babylon 5, the acclaimed, award-winning series about the space station that’s the tumultuous center of the 23rd-century’s bid for peace among humans and aliens, joins Friends, The Sopranos, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, The Simpsons and more TV-to-disc programs that prove DVD is the hot-selling format fans want to own.
Babylon 5 was the first-ever television series to use extensive computer-generated imagery and to shoot and air in a widescreen format. The series rewarded fan loyalty and broke new ground by maintaining narrative consistency through a five-year story arc, and the show was singled out by NASA, the Jet Propulsion Laboratory and other noted institutions for its science-based treatment of futuristic space themes/technology. Babylon 5 won two Emmys (for Groundbreaking Visual Effects and Makeup) and earned the Saturn Award for Best Genre Cable/Syndicated Series (1999) from the Academy of Science-Fiction, Fantasy and Horror Films.
Today, Babylon 5 continues its mission with episodes syndicated on the Sci-Fi Channel, which also recently aired the new Babylon 5 feature, Legend of the Rangers. There are more than 30 novels in print set in the B5 universe, and a new Babylon 5 television series and video game are in development.
The 6-disc set Babylon 5: The Complete First Season includes the following:
· All-new digital widescreen transfers [16×9, 1.77:1]
· Soundtrack remastered in Dolby Digital 5.1
· Introduction and audio commentary on two key episodes by series creator J. Michael Straczynski
· Behind Babylon 5 dossier of doc-u-mentaries:
· The Making of Babylon 5
· Back to Babylon 5
· The World of Babylon 5: Take a station tour and explore the world of B5.
· Interactive menus
· Scene access
· Languages: English and Français
· Subtitles: English, Français & Espanol
EYECRAVEDVD will have a copy of BABYLON 5: THE COMPLETE FIRST SEASON to give away to one very lucky person in the near future.
Stay tuned for a review of this DVD set, and details on the contest – Coming Soon!!
Check out the forums for other info…