It may still technically be spring, but summer is practically here now that X-Men Origins: Wolverine has been released and taken the top spot at the box office. The incomplete work in progress print that leaked online didn’t seem to effect it’s draw as it took in a hefty $87 million at the box office.
My own personal take on the movie was that it left more question than it answered and strayed a little too far from the original comic book material for my taste. Don’t get me wrong, all in all it was fun – just a little frustrating. Actually, I think the greatest thing to come out of the movie was Tru Blood‘s Lynn Collins as Silverfox. She’s gorgeous in a movie that was geared to show off Hugh Jackman’s ass more then his claws.
Estimated ticket sales for May 1-3
- “X-Men Origins: Wolverine,” $87 million.
- “Ghosts of Girlfriends Past,” $15.3 million.
- “Obsessed,” $12.2 million.
- “17 Again,” $6.4 million.
- “Monsters vs. Aliens,” $5.8 million.
- “The Soloist,” $5.6 million.
- “Earth,” $4.18 million.
- “Fighting,” $4.17 million.
- “Hannah Montana: The Movie,” $4.1 million.
- “State of Play,” $3.7 million.